Taking life back to the basics.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

More Pickles!!!

Hey All!

Today I was blessed with 6 cucumbers, a pile of green beans, and one onion from my garden.



I got worried that the cucumbers I had picked the other day would go bad, so I have been pickling most of the evening.  Here are the photographs:



I seasoned these myself (with a recipe of course).  Fresh dill, garlic, mustard seed, and love.  I sure hope they come out good.  I guess we'll have to wait and see.  So, while the pickles were in the water bath, I blanched the green beans.


I forgot to take an after picture, but they were bright green and beautiful.  They are now in the freezer for later.  I SO need a pressure cooker.  :)

I was born to be in the kitchen!!!  I love it!

Anyway, it is so very exciting to have made all of those pickles from homegrown ingredients.  I am ready to make some more jelly.  Guess it's time to go back to the farmer's market.  :)

OK, I'm tired...Off to bed!!!  God bless...

1 comment: