Taking life back to the basics.

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Radishes are in!!!

I know..I know...I said I'd wait until Monday to harvest my radishes.  But, it's been a rough week at work and I needed the distraction.  So, here they are:  (drum roll please)

YAY!  I took a little time to clean them and...

These greens will be made into a soup and frozen for winter...
There were more radishes, but D came in as I was cleaning them.  He took a few.

Not bad for a first harvest from a small city garden.  I was SO tempted to make refrigerator pickled radishes, but we'll probably eat all of these in all their raw splendor tomorrow.

I'll plant another row in the morning and when those come in, I'll probably preserve them.

I'm giddy that summer is here and can't wait for the other harvests.

By the way, little critter hit 15 weeks yesterday.  I'm still fighting nausea and have found comfort in my scheduled doctor's appointment on May 4th.  I just know she'll fix it.  :)  I feel like I have gained a little to much weight.  My online tracker says that I'm in the acceptable range, but the graph shows me at the top of 'acceptable', so little critter may WANT Mexican food, but he/she will be getting taco salad sans the meat for a while.  I have found that I can successfully hold down the following simple meal while at work:

I take one avocado and mash it with 1/2 tablespoon of mayo then scoop and eat it with a celery stock or two.  It's really refreshing too.  I'm sure I'll get bored with this meal.  When that happens, I'll add a cheese or tomato chunks to switch it up.

2 comments:

  1. Girl, you NEVER cease to amaze me!!!!! Keep it up, and SAVE me some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your nausea is getting better. My best friend is expecting twins around the same time as you (she just hit the 16 week milestone this past weekend), and she is so sick too. She already has two boys and these twins are a little surprise for her too!

    ReplyDelete