Taking life back to the basics.

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookie Workout...

A dear friend of mine at work (nickname:  C-Ram) is transferring to another shift, so tonight, we're all bringing in 'goodies'.We can cook really well and the one thing we can do even better is EAT.  I wonder if we'll actually hear anything Sarge says in roll call. 

Anyway, I've decided to make Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies.   C-Ram loves them.  So, I got up around 1pm.  (I work night shift and try to sleep between 8am and 3ish...I'm usually unsuccessful...but I digress...)  The recipe calls for a stick of softened butter.  I know this.  I have made these cookies countless times.  But I was sleepy I guess and didn't soften the butter enough.  I forged on with the recipe.

I stirred, mashed, begged, walked away, came back, stirred, mashed, begged and finally A BATTER WAS BORN!!!  Then, of course, I was worried that the egg and flour had taken excessive abuse and would be tough.  Oh no!  What if all I had to share with the team was new bulging biceps and brick cookies?!?!? 

Well...

God is smiling on me because here I sit with a piping hot cup of decaf coffee, sore upper arms, and a delicious cookie!  YAY!  I should probably try to get a little more sleep before heading off to work. 

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Hope you save me one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I worked nights years ago. It was one of the hardest things I've ever done. I feel your pain! How long have you been working nights? Will you stop working when baby comes?

    ReplyDelete