Taking life back to the basics.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

First Harvest...sort of...

My calendar told me it was time to pick the radishes.  So, I picked just one.

I think I'll leave the others for about 5 days longer.  Anyway, I am drooling over the beautiful radish greens.  YUM!  Can't wait to fix them up in a stew or big salad!

I'd have strawberries to show you, but the birds keep getting to them before I do.  Grrrrrr...

I'm off to start laundry and run errands.  Today I need to go to Kroger, the bank, and get a new tire.  And, if there's time, I'll sneak over to Lowe's or a garden center to see what other dirt I can get into.  Probably should spruce up around the house too.  Right now, I'm not battling with the morning sickness.  I have to get things done when I feel good.  Tonight, we are supposed to go to dinner with the in-laws.  They are really nice and I am looking forward to that!

Ya'll have a GREAT day!

1 comment:

  1. Now I'm wondering where you live...
    We have strawberries that have come up in our garden too, but they never last for us - the bunnies get them the moment they turn any color but green!

    ReplyDelete