Taking life back to the basics.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Progress Report

There is much excitement around here.  Last Tuesday, I got a bit of a sore throat.  By Wednesday, my joints were aching really intensely.  My Dad and JW ran to Tyler's rescue and picked him up.  I went to the doctor and got some heavy duty antibiotics. 

Two days later, feeling much better, I got my little man back with a surprise.  He had cut his first tooth!  Now, I told him not to grow up, but he's not listening.  God had a plan when he made humans co-dependant on their families.  I don't know how I would have been able to deal with the fussiness and drool while too weak to take care of me.

On another note, I have made progress on getting us ready to move.  I have decided to take the advice posted by Cast and Elizabeth on my last blog.  I have two boxes open as I make my way through the house.  One for donation/resale and one for moving with us.  On each item, I ask:  Will I use this in the next 30 days?  If yes, then I leave it.  If no, it goes in one of the boxes.  It seems to be working.  Just before our actual move, I'll invite some trusted friends and family over for a packing party.  It'll be great to say, "If it's here, pack it".

I started my tomato and pepper plants this morning as well.  They're just in egg crates for now, next will be little plastic cups, and then it's off the the new place.  I hope they move well.  I'll be able to take them to the new house a few days before our move and get them in the ground.  That is, if I can find the time.  I went nuts and bought a few seeds for the garden.  In trying to keep it simple, I only bought radishes, cucumbers, and beans.  I hope they forgive me to getting them in a little late.  I'm hoping that our long summers will work in my favor.

God bless...

No comments:

Post a Comment