Taking life back to the basics.

Friday, March 11, 2011

YAY! And YAY!

Hello All!

Let's see...I have been packing, as much as I can while still having at least a month before we move.  I took a van full of stuff the resale shop.  That felt SOOOOOOOO good.  YAY #1!

YAY #2 is a little more of story to tell.

I've got some of my seeds started.  Here's a picture:



The blue cups are seeds sent by this guy named Ray on YouTube.  He gives GREAT gardening advice and this year offered FREE SEEDS!!!  I couldn't pass them up.  I have tomatoes, carrots, jalapeno, and spinach in those cups.
(Side note:  time to make more laundry soap...)

The plastic bag is jalapenos, Serrano, banana peppers, and tomatoes.  All are seeds that I saved from last year.  The YAY is that the tomatoes are actually seeds from my dear stepmother-in-laws family.  They have a tomato farm in Hempstead, Texas.  Here is after six days:



SPROUTS!!!  I haven't told J (Stepmother-in-law) that I saved the seeds.  I wanted to make sure I didn't mess them up.  :)  Anyway, I am so excited.

By the way, the seed pots are sitting on a heating pad.  Ray recommended it and so far, so good.  Here's a link to his channel...http://www.youtube.com/user/Praxxus55712

I have more seeds to start, but with the move, I had to be reasonable. 

And, here's is my sunshine in his overalls.  So CUTE if I do say so myself. 



Me and my little sunshine.  (I know I need makeup and wrinkle cream, but I like this picture.)



God bless ya'll!!!

2 comments:

  1. You don't need a thing! You two look terrific!

    PS - Can't wait to be your official taste tester again!!!!

    ReplyDelete